Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Very SAD! IVF cycle didn't work...

Well, we have the news at our 1st complete IVF cycle didn't work. It is a BIG FAT NEGATIVE! I really do hate hearing those words. Every time I hear those words as applied to myself or anyone else (especially my online friends also dealing with infertility), I just feel a little more of our world and the world of those dealing with infertility crashing down. Hopes being crushed!

We keep praying that one of our IVF cycles will work. The process is so very emotionally draining. While going through the process, we must keep upbeat and hopeful believing that this IUI or IVF cycle WILL be the cycle that we get pregnant. Then with each BFN, we are crushed! Total devastation. With IVF, you KNOW that 2 or 3 embryo's (babies!) were placed back in the uterus and just were not able to survive. Sometimes I feel that with each day and cycle that we go through that we are getting closer and closer to never realizing our dream of a healthy, full-term pregnancy. I would love to have a biological child, yet am also willing to consider embryo adoption or donor egg if it were determined we had a better chance of my getting pregnant.

To date, we have 9 babies in heaven. We know there will be more waiting for us in heaven. I just wish that we were able to have them with us longer here on earth to see them grow into little boys or little girls onto adulthood.

Will we ever achieve our dream, I don't know, but I still hope and pray that I get pregnant and have a healthy 9 months of pregnancy. WE are trying absolutely everything within our means and available to us through science to become pregnant... to carry a child full-term and raise that child/children.

We continue to dream for a future filled with a healthy pregnancy and beautiful children.

Our hope is in God,

Pam

No comments: