Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Monday, July 9, 2007

At the LAKE! 8th Crow Wing

Summer Fun!

July has found Mike and I enjoying time up north at my parents seasonal campsite at In-We-Go located on 8th Crow Wing Lake. We took a long weekend after July 4th to enjoy time with my parents and niece's. Friday, we adventured further north to the headwaters of the Mississippi river enjoying Itasca State Park. Everyone had a great time crossing over the rocks and frolicking in the Mississippi. This was Mike's first trip to the headwaters. Kerrigan and Kamryn had a great time in the river as we walked in the river for about a 1/2 mile to an exit point near the headwaters museum.

On Saturday, we enjoyed a day spent on the lake aboard my parents pontoon and being pulled on a tube. The tube was a new toy that "Grandpa Schmidt" bought for Kerrigan and Kamryn. We started with Kerrigan and I getting on the tube to be pulled behind the pontoon. Kerrigan and I had a great time on the tube. Afterwards, I took Kamryn on the tube. Kamryn was a little more timid about the tube. Shortly after taking off on the tube, we took a forward nose dive into the water. Kamryn LOVED the nose dive! I was able to push her back onto the tube then Grandpa pulled us into the boat so I could get back on next to Kamryn. Afterwards, we had a short ride behind the tube. Overall, Kamryn was not thrilled with the tube ride.

Uncle Mike then went on the tube by himself for the first time ever in his life! WooHoo! He had a blast and LONG, LONG ride on the tube. We pulled him all around the lake. Finally, we just stopped the pontoon. Then Auntie Pam went for a tube ride by herself taking the time to show off for Kerrigan and Kamryn. I got up on my knees and let go just. Then I managed to get the tube to go back and forth over the wake made by the pontoon. Finally, Grandpa started weaving back and forth as he passed a speed boat making larger wakes causing me to go flying into the air several times. The final wake that caused me to fly into the air resulted in my decision to do a "crash and burn." It was a spectacular spill into the lake.

Kerrigan and Kamryn then enjoyed just jumping off the side of the pontoon and swimming in the lake. They had a great time and LOVED getting Grandpa's boat all wet climbing back onto the pontoon only to immediately jump off again. Eventually, Kerrigan decided she wanted to try the tube by herself so we moved onto some more tubing. Kerrigan did a GREAT job on the tube by herself. Kamryn and I went for another ride but she definitely did not enjoy the tube as much as Kerrigan.

The day ended with a trip to the local Ice Cream shop for some great treats. Kamryn had the Clown sundae and Kerrigan had the Brownie sundae! Kerrigan definitely needed help from Grandpa Schmidt eating the remainder of her Brownie sundae.

No comments: