Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cancer Confirmed! Trusting God in all things...

Well, it is confirmed that the Thyroid did contain cancer on the Right Lobe but the left lobe was fine. Also, 2 lymph nodes that were removed indicated that a small amount of the thyroid cancer had spread to these lymph nodes.

The next step is to continue to monitor my calcium levels then return to my Endocrinologist to find out about doing Radioactive Iodine treatment (RAI). Based on research, I believe I'll be doing the RAI the end of October or early November.

At first I was very upset about having to do RAI especially since I was and still hope to breastfeed our adopted infant (assuming we adopt an infant). However, today, I think I've had a break through finding peace with whatever happens regarding the adoption and breastfeeding. I have discovered that it is OK to breastfeed as early as 6 months after RAI. There is also no guarantee that we will be placed for a child until mid to late 2009 which means I would be able to breastfeed.

This process is reminding me of the importance of trusting God with all aspects of my life. He is in control and really does know what is best for me, my health and my family. Peace is mine to have and accept when I put all my trust in Christ.

Pam

No comments: