Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Radioactive Iodine Treatment

After meeting with my Endocrinologist, we have dates set for my Radioactive Iodine Treatment. RAI will be the last week in October into the first week of November. The worst part is probably going to be the low iodine diet that I have to be on for almost three weeks as well as the "relative" isolation for 7 days.

For 3 of those seven days, I must keep all contact with people to a minimum and it is especially important that I have my own bathroom. After the three days, I can be in the same room as my husband but must be separated by a minimum of 6 feet for the majority of the time although we can share very brief hugs (no more than 1 hour a day of close contact).

I think my cats will have the toughest time dealing with my isolation since they cannot be near me for the full 7 days.

1 comment:

Jen K said...

I know it is going to be tough, but you will get through it sweetie. Let me know if you want to chat via IM while you are doing this! :)