Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Home after Surgery

The Total Thyroidectomy is done! I no longer have a thyroid. Surgery went well but it was horrid staying in the hospital overnight. Sleep was, generally, not to be found! I didn't get much more than a total of 3 hours of sleep.

Today I was released from the hospital around 11am. We were hungery and decided to go to Bahama Breeze for lunch - Good News is that we found a wonderful restaurant! The food was excellent even though I wasn't able to enjoy the soup I ordered. The soup was very good but the "heat" hurt my throat when I would swallow. Now, I really enjoyed the Chocolate Banana Shake! Yummy... Felt wonderfully cool on my throat.

After lunch, it was time to go directly home and take a nap. I only napped for about an hour but it helped. I've been up for about 3 hours and feel good other than having a soar, achy throat. Sometimes it hurts to talk.

I'm glad to be home! Pam

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I'm glad your surgery was a success! I'll be keeping you in my prayers and asking for a speedy recovery!