Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Townhouse is PACKED!

Yesterday was a very busy day! Our moving company arrived at 8am sharp to start packing and loading the semi for the move down to North Carolina. Our moving company is Allied (Siracusa) and our driver was Norm. When he said 8am, he defintely meant 8am. I was on my way to the townhome and decided to stop at Caribou to pick up breakfast and a Chai Tea Latte when I say the Allied Semi parked at the intersection next to the Holiday Gas Station. When I came out of Caribou they were already down the road towards the house. All of this actually happened at 7:50 am!!! It was a surprise to see how prompt Norm was and efficient.

I actually had a good time chatting with the crew as they were packing and loading. They are from Western Massachussetts. Norm and his other main guy have VERY large families. Norm is also in the process of adopting a little girl and his wife is pregnant. It was an exhausting day and very productive!

All I can say is WOW... What an experience. It was SOOOO nice to just stand around occasionaly answering questions and directing the crew as what to pack and what not to pack. With Norm, he does the packing and the loading all in one day. His goal was to do it in 8 hours but he went a little over that time frame - it took closer to 10 hours with a few breaks in between for lunch.

It was sad to see everything get packed up and put on the truck but exciting as well knowing that we were just that much closer to moving into our new house in North Carolina. I'm sad to be leaving MN but more because of all the friends and family that are in MN. Yet, I'm excited to start a new chapter in my life living in NC in a new house with a backyard. It will also be so much nicer being close to the rest of Mike's family.

No comments: