Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family Room Photos

Decorating our Home!


Well, Mike and I have been in our new home almost 5 months. We love our house and are definitely making into into our "own" comfy space. The only painting we've done is in the Family room and a portion of the Office. We painted the family room walls a Pale Creamy Yellow - Mike says it looks like "mustard" but it isn't that dark! Yellow is the Primary Color with a warm blue being the secondary color with darker red and warmer green as very small accent colors. I really do love the cozy and comfortable space that we've created. The hardwood floors are wonderful!

It is so easy to pick-up the animal hair off the floor. We plan to paint the 2 remaining walls in the office a Burgundy color to match the window shades.

Here are some photos taken specifically for the adoption process but people have been asking...





















The Kitchen

I'm thinking of painting the kitchen/breakfast nook a warm apricot color to compliment yet have a light contrast against the family room but I haven't made up my mind yet and have also been considering more of an aqua blue (same color as the sofa) for the kitchen/breakfast nook.


















The Dining Room

I love our formal dining room. My original thought was that a formal dining room was a "waste of space" but I've fallen in love with having a large area for family dinners or entertaining. No color has been formally decided on, but I'm leaning towards a darker blue below the chair rail with a light tan above the chair rail. We have a great black and white photo that I want to highlight.

No comments: