Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Big "C"

Well, it seems that the Big "C" is back in my life but this time it is the Thyroid. This past Monday, I received the news that it appears the nodule on the right lobe of my Thyroid is "highly suspicioius of Papillary Carcinoma."

Surgery is scheduled for September 10th and I'll be in the hospital overnight. The plan is to remove the right lobe of the Thyroid along with taking a small cross section or biopsy of the left lobe and if the pathology report is suspicious they will remove the left lobe at the same time. I'm of the frame of mind to have the Dr. remove the thyroid completely although I know that can make it more difficult to regulate hormones.

Since dealing with the endometrial cancer and now the thyroid cancer, I guess I'm not sure I want to leave even a small portion of thyroid in place because that leaves it open for continued cancer concerns with more surgery in the future. Not my idea of fun.

My prayer is that this will not have any effect on our moving forward with adoption. That is what really scares me, I've dreamed of being a mom for so long. Could the fact that I've had 2 forms of cancer (although the endometrial is technically consider "pre-cancer" and is easily cured permanently by a hysterectomy), put an end to our dreams of a forever family? I hope and pray not!

Pam

No comments: