Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our Home... Progress! A little homesick :(

Well, we've been in our new home for just a little more than a month. We made great progress initially with the unpacking but now it has slowed down as we get to the last boxes and try to figure out where to put those odds and ends.

We've also had confirmation that our new family room sofa and chairs should be delivered in approx. 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. It will be wonderful to have a sofa again so Mike and I can cuddle together. I also look forward to having the family room put together so I can move forward with the painting plans.

I deny being homesick but in the back of my mind, I miss going out to eat with my parents periodically or my friends. Barb... I miss our monthly trips to Sawatdee!!! Oh, do I miss good Thai food!

Part of the problem, is that I feel lonely for friendship here. I've been meeting neighbors but there are no established friendships yet. There is my neighbor, Elizabeth, that just moved in last week that I do look forward to getting to know better. She seems to be very sweet and friendly. Tomorrow night I think is BUNCO night for the neighborhood ladies, but I have to talk to another neighbor to confirm. In the meantime, I'm desperate to make friendships. I've been a little dissapointed with C3 in the lack of outreach to new members or attendees. I think I might have to wear a big sign on my back (or at least put the sign on the truck!) that reads...

HELP! DESPERATE for FEMALE Friends...
Love to Scrapbook... Talk to ME!
Love Bible Study... Talk to ME!
Love Thai or Asian food... Talk to ME!
Signing off...
Pam

No comments: