Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Corinthians 16: 13-14

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A New Day...

Wow, I feel good today! Last night Mike and I went to C3 for the celebration of the end of the 10 day Daniel Fast that the church was doing. Mike and I didn't do the Daniel Fast for several reasons but we did make a commitment to start working out and to loose weight with the 10 days being the start of getting back to a healthier lifestyle.

Since the start of IVF this time last year and through a total of 3 IVF Cycles, I had gained 40 lbs. I've hated every pound that I've gained especially after I had worked so hard to loose 65 lbs. back in 2006! I was determined not to gain back any more weight but loose those 40 lbs. with the intent to loose even more!

Now, you may wonder what our weight loss goals have to do with going to C3 last night...

It has a lot to do with having a new outlook for today, tomorrow and our future. I've realized how selfish I had been for some time. It was so easy to get caught up with the IVF cycles and focus on myself because that is what IVF is all about! IVF is about achieving our desire for a child through the latest medical treatments. Now, don't get me wrong, WE had to do the IVF and truly felt that is the path God was leading us down. Throughout the procedures, I learned a lot about myself, my husband and our marriage. Then there was the move to North Carolina. I've really missed Evergreen Community Church and our friends to the point that I had started to get frustrated that I couldn't find a church just like Evergreen. I know this was the wrong thinking and that every church is different and do not have the same strengths.

The first time I visited C3 I was SOOO excited and ready to join immediately. I loved the worship and, in my case, the first individual I heard speak was the youth Minister. His message was refreshing and on point. It wasn't until my 4th time at C3 that I finally heard Matt Fry, the Senior Pastor, speak. WOW! He is so dynamic and engaging with a strong biblical approach. However, something was holding me back. I was scared and uncertain of myself. My focus was on MY needs, MY desires for a specific type and style of Church and MY wants.

God touched my heart last night reminding me that the church isn't necessarily all about MY needs, wants and desires but about serving HIS needs, wants and desires. Mike has been ready to become a member of C3 since we attended the membership class whereas I was holding back. I'm disappointed that there isn't a more defined Men's and Women's Ministries but I need to get established in a Church, start meeting people and reaching out to share the Gospel by serving in a Church here in North Carolina.

C3 isn't perfect, but no church will ever be perfect. Even Evergreen wasn't perfect. What makes it as close to perfect as possible is that the church is God focused and biblical based! It isn't about us but about God. C3 is our opportunity to get connected, meet new people, serve and reach out to our new community.

So... Through the 10 days of fasting, I've recommitted to a healthier lifestyle, loosing weight and joining a new church.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. ~ 1 John 4:7

Pam

No comments: